Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy New Year!

 I figure since I haven't updated our blog since November 30th, then I can still wish everyone a happy new year and all the newness that comes with it. :)

We celebrated Michael's birthday in December and it was his first "friend's" party...everything Harry Potter. I wish I would have taken pictures of their Quiddich game, or their wand duels, but this was the best I could do:
Michael's Harry Potter Cake (Notice Michael is in the picture, too)

Michael getting ready to blow out his candles

Michael and crew with their Quiddich brooms
 



We have not been up to anything new. Christmas was here at our house with my sister, Robert's mom and dad, and two brothers.  The kids had a great time and I am thankful for family. 


I gave the kids a challenge to read the Book of Mormon everyday for two weeks and we would go to a hotel here in town with a swimming pool.  They did a great job and continue even now to read their scriptures (everyday is still a bit of a challenge). We went to a close hotel (me, my sister, and the three oldest kids) and even went bowling nearby. 

Robert's grandma passed away a week before Christmas, so he took the younger boys to Orem for the funeral, and then took them to Logan while we were at the hotel.  The weather was aweful or we would have joined them in Logan later.

Here are a few other things we have been up to in the past two months.  I gave Michael and Hyrum a haircut:

                     
Before             

After



Before

After

Activity Girls at their sledding activity

Hyrum and Evan ran into each other and Hyrum ended up with seven stitches

Evan ended up with a nice size goose egg on his head    

That about sums up the last two months for us. We hope to see Robert's sister and her family before they head out on a new job assignment in Korea.  They will be leaving sometime in May, that is also when his younger sister comes home from her mission to Indiana.  Life is good :)

2 comments:

  1. I have to laugh at Hyrum. What number is this now? I'm glad it wasn't one of my kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy that life is good for you! :) (and I love the USU t-shirts). I hope your boys have recovered!

    ReplyDelete