Sunday, February 21, 2016

Some pictures

I have a few minutes to post some pictures from our happenings. First I will post the week before school started. I wanted the kids to have something fun to do every day of the week so summer would leave with a bang. On Monday we went swimming at the Apple Athletic Club where I work. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures there, but here is the rest of that week.
On Tuesday we went bowling

On Wednesday the kids went horse back riding


On Thursday we went to a place called Squealers (Go-Karts, bumper boats, etc.)

On Friday we went to a Chukars game - the local Minor League Baseball Team

And Monday they were ready to head off for the first day of school.

The summer was full of T-ball games for Evan, Girl's camp for Molli, Pine Basin (a school sponsored camp for a week) for Michael and Hannah, and Hyrum finished soccer at the beginning of May.

We stayed in Idaho Falls for the fireworks over the 4th of July and Michael got to walk down the parade route. This was the first year we have ever seen the parade. I was entertained the whole time.

Our trip in the RV in June was the highlight of the summer. Here are some pictures:
We went through some cool tunnels on the way to South Dakota

We stayed one night at a state park by a lake. It was really pretty.


Approaching Mt. Rushmore from a distance - first sighting

Michael, with a broken arm, climbing a rock wall at the KOA

Standing in front of Mt. Rushmore

Zoomed in

In front of Crazy Horse Memorial

Enjoying a pic-nic lunch

Another cool tunnel

Some kids went to the dinosaur museum and others went to The Declaration of Independence Hall

Independence Rock


Our first and last place we stayed. The weather was better the second time.

A picture inside the RV before we had to return it.

This was Pine Basin, about four days after we got back from Mt. Rushmore.
 Okay, so I started this post a long time ago and now it is the middle of February. In December we spent some time in Salt Lake and in Logan. It was fun to be with family and make memories. When we got back from Utah, Molli and Hannah got their hair cut about 10 inches each to donate to Children with Hairloss. Here are some pictures as a more recent update.

Molli and I (in the pit) were in Peter Pan. Molli was a lost boy.
Molli with Wendy


Molli and Hannah did their own hair :)

Michael's first trip to the Temple for Baptisms for the dead


Sledding at Grandma's house with the cousins

Visiting Temple Square



The Nativity





I decided to highlight my hair and straighten it. It takes a long time to straighten it..
Michael gets to be Principal of the Day on this Thursday, so that is pretty cool. Molli is The Rat Queen in her school's production of "The Pied Piper." Michael, Hyrum, and Evan enjoy Chess club once a week. Michael is doing well at his flute and tried his luck at ski club twice. I am now a shift leader at my nursery job at the athletic club, so the whole family now has memberships there. Robert comes swimming with me about three times a week. Hannah is tolerating her piano lessons, but I can see some improvement. Jacob will be two on Friday and that is still weird to think about. Jonathan does really well with his colors and corrects Jacob every time he says a wrong color.

Well, that should be long enough now to catch everyone up and ease my guilty conscience for not posting sooner.  Hope you enjoyed the read :).

2 comments:

  1. Love the update! (Though the week before school post threw me for a second..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started that post in September and just got back to it... I hope to do better, but it is what it is :)

    ReplyDelete