Thursday, April 30, 2009

The basement



I figured it was time to write again in the blog. We are getting our basement finished and I must say it is quite the process. We hired out, because basically, we wanted it done and Robert nor I have any skills in that department. It is also nice to give people a job during this hard economic time. They framed it when we were out of town at the Grand-daughter's weekend. That was the beginning (after Robert and some boys in the ward moved all the stuff out of the basement to the garage). In no particular order, we've had the electricians, plumbers, sheet rockers, finishing carpenter, painters, the carpet layers are coming to measure some time soon, and I am sure I have missed some people, specifically the framers and our contractor who has been in and out frequently. Needless to say, I stopped breast-feeding Evan about two weeks ago to make things more comfortable for all those involved. It looks really good down there but I am getting anxious for it to be finished. It was also fun to hide Easter eggs and baskets downstairs because it was raining pretty hard at the time we were supposed to hide them outside.

On another note, Robert is still working at ES Squared as an engineer, but sadly, some of his friends over there were laid off this week. Good Luck to all of them that need to find new jobs. They are in our thought and prayers. Life is Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment