Sunday, May 24, 2009

What a Feat!

Well, the basement is close enough to being finished that we decided to move down there. I will post pictures later. So, yesterday was the day of the big move and all seven of us got moved in to new rooms. Whew! No more nights in the bathroom for Evan. So Robert and I moved downstairs and so far so good. Hyrum seems to do well in his bed (no problem whatsoever for his first nap in his new room, but a bit of a struggle at bed time). Michael loves his new top bunk, Hannah has promised to sleep in her bed always (as opposed to the floor where she used to sleep), and I think Molli will be fine after some adjusting.

Last night I heard someone crying and I ran upstairs to find Molli sobbing hysterically. I asked her what was wrong and she said that she missed her old room - sorry, not moving back in there. As I was trying to tell her that this is her room now, I found a framed picture of Robert and I from our wedding in her bed with her. I think she misses us being right across the hall from her. Hopefully things will go better tonight.

In other news, I ran my first 5k on May 9th. Wow, what was I thinking? Happily I finished in the goal time I had set for myself, even if I was the 6th to last person to finish. I know now I have a long way to go to run the 5 miles of the To Bone and Back relay at the end of June. But just finishing this race will be good enough for me.

Hannah turned four this month and loves it. Molli will end her first grade year on Friday and I think she is ready for summer. Michael can't wait to start kindergarten and Robert is doing well at ES2. And that about sums up May.

1 comment:

  1. I just found out you had a blog and was so excited to get the address from Shennie! Your kids are all so cute and I love seeing recent pics of them. Glad to know you're doing well! If you're interested in seeing my family's blog, email me at musicpoet at gmail dot com and I'll send you an invitation (it's a private blog). We have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete